- This event has passed.
CSBR Summer Internship Program
June 14 – June 25 MDT
UPDATE: Due to COVID, this year’s student program will be virtual and run from June 14 to 18.
Interested in Aerospace?
The Colorado Space Business Roundtable (CSBR) is hosting a 2021 Summer Internship Program for high school and college students interested in pursuing careers in the aerospace industry. All students pursuing STEM- (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
The 2021 CSBR Internship Program will run for two weeks during the summer which gives students ample time to experience what it’s like to work in various facets of the aerospace industry. Students will spend time at various CSBR partner facilities where they will have a chance to meet the best and the brightest in the aerospace industry, participate in hands-on activities, and get an exclusive behind the-scenes look at what each company does and some of the exciting projects they are working on.
It’s Not Rocket Science!
But wait, it is! If you’ve ever gazed up to the stars and wondered what’s out there or perhaps even had dreams of going yourself, now is your chance to start turning those dreams into reality. If you are a high school or college student living in Colorado, you are eligible to apply for the 2021 CSBR Internship Program where you will get a chance to gain exposure and obtain relevant work experience with various aerospace companies in Colorado.
During the internship you will have an opportunity to network with leading aerospace professionals, drive rovers, launch water rockets, learn about the various engineering disciplines and what it takes to be successful in the industry, and meet a number of people working on some amazing projects in aerospace!
The next CSBR Internship Program will run June 14 – June 25, 2021. Students will be requested to provide a brief biography of their background and career aspirations. Selection will be based on interest and availability.
- Colorado Resident
- U.S. Citizen
- High School or College student as of Spring 2020
- Interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics-Related Careers
2019 Participating Organizations:
- 100 Year Starship
- Ball Aerospace
- Catalyst Campus
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- Colorado Space Coalition
- Elected Officials
- Jefferson County EDC
- Lockheed Martin Space
- MSU Denver
- National Reconnaissance Office
- Red Canyon Software & Engineering
- SEAKR Engineering
- Sherman and Howard
- Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Space Foundation
- Teledyne Brown Engineering
- The 3D Printing Store
- United Launch Alliance
- University of Colorado – Boulder
- Webster University
- Willis Towers Watson
Past Internship Activities Included:
- How to get a job in aerospace
- Learn about current and upcoming aerospace projects and events
- Hear from all types of engineers and professionals in the aerospace field and how they got into their job and what they do day to day
- Tour various aerospace companies, including hardware and spacecraft
- Hands-on activities
- Team design projects
- Networking opportunities
- Spacecraft and mission presentations
- Learn how to obtain a paid internship
- Career Discussions
- Learn how to give effective presentations, write resumes and interview for a job
Questions? Contact Christie Lee at 303.258.6957 or email@example.com.